Tuesday, September 11, 2012

When Muslims Attack

I've had plenty of people ask me why I seem to detest religious beliefs so intensely.  I've also given a decent response to that question in this post.  That being said, I'm going to give my readers another example of faith causing harm.  Today, it was brought to my attention that September 11, 2012 is International Judge Muhammad Day.  You're more than welcome to watch the video, but I'll transcribe it:
International Judge Muhammad Day.  Or, as we like to call him here: Mo. Or, to borrow a phrase from Dr. Manning, which o'course is appropriate for Hussein Obama, but is also appropriate for [gestures to a figure hanging from a gallows] Muhammad the Mo, the "Long Legged Mack Daddy."  Muhammad will be put on trial. The charges against him are as follows:  Muhammad "Mo" is charged with being a false prophet, thus leading 1.6 billion people astray. Number two.  Mo is charged with promoting of murder, rape, destruction of people, and property through his writings called the Koran.  Number three.  Mo is charged with violations against women, minorities, Christians, and any person that is non-Muslim, leading to the deaths of 370,000,000 people in the 1400 year history of Islam.  Join us on September the 11th, 2012 for International Judge Muhammad "Mo" Day as we examine his life, as we look at his teachings and what he promoted.  I believe that you will come to the same conclusion.  That Muhammad, Islam, and his teachings are indeed of the devil.  Thank you.
 Wow.  Where to start?  I guess I'll start with what I agree with.

I agree that Muhammad was very likely a pedophile, as the speaker in the video said in a roundabout way.  I agree that Muhammad should have been put on trial.  I also believe that he is a false prophet who led way too many people astray.  Muhammad should be found guilty of promoting rape, murder, and destruction of property.  He should is also guilty of violations against women, minorities, Christians, and non-Muslims.

Here's the kicker, though.  The guy who made up this International Judge Muhammad Day is the Christian pastor, Terry Jones.  I have to point out the irony of him condemning the promotion of false prophecy, leading people astray, rape, murder, destruction of property, and (now, this part just kills me) violations against women, minorities, and non-Muslims.  All of these things were carried out in the bible in some way or another.  Of course, he'd never see it that way.  He can't get his head around the fact that both Muslims and Christians tend to see their own religion as peaceful and noninvasive.

Now, the parts I disagree with.  I get calling President Obama by his middle name.  It's technically not incorrect, but it's wrong at the same time.  I'm under the impression that Jones thinks Obama is a Muslim, and by calling him Hussein, he's implying it.  The other major thing that I disagree with is his belief that I'll see Islam and Muhammad are of the devil.  That makes as much sense as saying that Jones is of the Zeus.

I wanted to talk about these things first, because it all has some interesting ramifications.  In Libya and Egypt, Muslims are furious.  Why are they furious?  They're furious, because Terry Jones insulted Islam.  That hanging figure in the video is clearly supposed to be Muhammad, and devout Muslims find that to be incredibly disrespectful and insulting.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Muslims are getting bent out of shape to the point of violence because a non-Muslim violated their laws outside their vicinity.  American people cannot legally drink alcohol until they turn 21 years old.  Germany allows people as young as 14 to drink alcohol.  How much sense would it make for Americans to set fire to a German embassy, because one of Germany's citizens drank beer in Germany?  Absolutely none.  That's how much.  The Muslims who are doing the rioting are acting incredibly irrational.  Why?  Because of their faith.

I'm not here to talk about why faith is bad, though.  These Muslims do a dandy job of that.  What I'd like to do is point an interesting thing out.  I think we can all agree that it makes no sense for these Muslims to get so worked up over some Infidel who is doomed to jahannam, the Muslim hell, for not being part of their group.  Regardless of our faith, we should agree.

It reminds me of all the Christians who think it's okay to try and ban same sex marriage for people outside their little club.

To end, I give you a quote from Christopher Hitchens:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I close by saying.  I cannot believe there is a thinking person here who does not realize that our species would begin to grow to something like its full height, if it left this childishness behind.  If it emancipated itself from this sinister, childish nonsense."
 There.  Both sides need to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment